A Gentleman’s Guide
The Salon’s Guide To Gentlemanly Hair…
Who’s in for some guy talk for a change? Our very own Salon Gents stylist, Anisha, for one…and she’s planning the party season with three sizzling-hot looks; modern, sexy, and gentlemanly. Anyone can pull off these classic looks with just a few how-to’s and one miracle tube of Joico’s Power Gel Sculpting Gel. Here are your step-by-step instructions…
Look #1 – Pomp & Circumstance
- Squeeze a ten pence-size dollop of Power Gel into your palm and emulsify by rubbing hands together. Apply to wet hair from roots to ends, using a finger-combing motion that distributes the product evenly throughout the hair.
- With a small or medium-size round brush, brush down the sides and the back, leaving them clean and tidy.
- Using the same brush, but starting at the front and working your way back, take one-inch sections and blow-dry hair up and back.
- For extra lift and a round silhouette, try the “over-directing” technique: Brush and blow-dry hair in the opposite direction first, then direct it back as it begins to dry. Work your way back through the entire top section of hair, then gently (and briefly) dry the sides and back to hold the position.
- Finish with a gentle teasing of the roots (extra lift!), and give your entire ‘do a good spritz of Joico Flip Turn Finishing Spray for hold and shine.
Look #2 – A (Very) Hot Mess
- Apply a ten pence-size dab of Power Gel all over damp hair, but focus mainly on the crown/top area.
- Vigorously flip your head left, right, back, and forth to separate strands and “wake up” the hair.
- Drag all the hair forward with your hands, and place the front pieces in a way that looks cool and flattering.
- Using a diffuser on a low setting, dry the hair fully, then gently separate strands further if desired.
Joico Power Gel 10 – The Gel for a Gentleman…
Want to lock your style down for a full 24 hours? Try JOICO Power Gel 10!
This ultra-firm-hold, shine-boosting formula is our clear winner to get the job done–without a hint of the flaking, frizzing, parching, or stiffness that accompanies most gels on the market. Better yet: It actually shields hair from thermal damage. A definite 10…in every sense of the word.
Perfect choice for: Fine or coarse hair. Alcohol-free Sculpting Gel doesn’t play favourites. It does the trick on layers that call for lift; longer tresses that need to be tamed; and waves that want to be held… in place.
Book Your Next Hair Appointment at The Salon, Langley Park
If you would like to book your next hair appointment at our men’s salon in Durham, give us a call on 0191 373 3366 or use our secure 24/7 online booking service by clicking here.